Learn About the TOHO 2023 Beading Challenge
Posted by Nishka Bhagat on 14th Feb 2023
Team TOHO is back with another fun beading challenge for designers of all skill levels and styles the world over! Use the colors in this year’s palette to create your design with Toho Japanese Seed Beads and Starman Czech Glass Beads to enter for a chance to have your work showcased around the world!
Click here to see a list of all the beads and colors you can choose from in this color palette at Eureka Crystal Beads!
Rules for Designers taking on the TOHO Challenge 2023:
● You are strongly encouraged to use at least some of each color in the 2023 palette to create one eye-catching piece.
● You are allowed to use more of the same colors of TOHO and Starman Czech beads in any size or shape you like, the names vary from store to store, but must be same stock numbers as on list.
● Toho seed beads should be the star of the show!
● No other seed beads or Czech beads not on list may be used!
● You can add one Focal item of your choice, such as one single pendant or cabochon. For example, a strand of stones (or any other beads not listed above) does not qualify as one item.
● You can use any clasp, findings, backing, threads, and fibers—but make sure they stay within the challenge color palette and are used sparingly so the beads are the star the show.
Things to consider when designing:
● Designs will get worldwide exposure. This is your chance to “wow” the world with your creativity. Photos of your designs will have a special posting on the TeamTOHO website and Facebook page.
● Some of the Feature designers are also chosen from participating people who take the challenge themselves, so send us photos of your finished challenge design by September 15th 2023, by messaging the TeamTOHO Facebook page