The Essential Beading Tools for Jewelry Making
If you are interested in starting beading and jewelry making as a hobby, there are several important tools that you will need to get started. These 9 most important jewelry tools include:
- Beading needles: Beading needles are specifically designed for use in beadwork and are essential for stringing beads and creating various types of beadwork.
- Beading thread or cord: There are many types of thread or cord that can be used for beading, including nylon beading thread, silk thread, and leather cord. It's important to choose a thread or cord that is strong enough to hold the beads in place, but also thin enough to pass through the holes of small beads. Different types of thread or cord have different properties so you want to make sure you are matching the right thread to your project.
- Beading mat: A beading mat is a soft, padded mat that provides a comfortable and stable surface for working with beads. It helps to keep your beads from rolling away and can also protect your table or work surface from scratches or damage.
- Beading scissors: Beading scissors are small, sharp scissors that are specifically designed for cutting beading thread or cord. They have fine, pointed tips that allow you to easily cut threads close to the beads without damaging them.
- Beading tweezers: Beading tweezers are small, pointed tweezers that are useful for picking up and manipulating small beads. They can be especially helpful when working with very small beads or when trying to thread a needle with a thin thread.
- Beading tray or organizer: A beading tray or organizer can be helpful for keeping your beads and other supplies organized and within easy reach while you work. For beginners, we suggest wonderful and inexpensive triangle trays, which also make cleaning up your beads a breeze!
- Pliers: Pliers are essential for manipulating wire, bending, and shaping it into different forms. There are several types of pliers that can be useful for jewelry making, including round-nose pliers, flat-nose pliers, and chain-nose pliers.
- Wire cutters: Wire cutters are specifically designed for cutting wire and are essential for trimming wire to size and for creating precise cuts.
- Crimping pliers: Crimping pliers are used to create a secure connection between a crimp bead and a piece of wire or cord. They have a special jaw that compresses the crimp bead, creating a strong and secure connection.
These are the most important tools that you will need to get started with beading. As you become more experienced, you may find that you need additional tools or supplies, such as specialized pliers or a beading loom. However, these basic tools will provide you with everything you need to get started and create beautiful beadwork projects.
Get Professional Quality Beading Tools
At Eureka we only carry the best quality tools from well known brands that beaders trust like Tulip, Fiskars, EuroTool and BeadSmith. Quality tools will make your jewelry projects easier and create better results all while lasting longer than a low quality knock off which will need to be replaced again and again. Don’t trust your jewelry making tool kit to just anyone. Shop at Eureka and see the difference!